IPL 2018 has been one of the most exciting seasons to date with CSK making a comeback after 2 years and then winning the IPL title. It was also good for international players as they got the opportunity to showcase their talent, Rashid Khan being the impressed everyone with his spectacular performance in IPL 2018. However, for few of them, this season was not that good. Today we will discuss the shocking controversy that revolved around in IPL 2018.
Here is the list of controversies.
1) Shami Khan and Hasin Jahan
The controversy of Hasin Jahan and Shami Khan became one of the most controversial issues in the cricketing history before the IPL season 2018. Shami’s wife Hasin Jahan lodged a complaint of domestic violence and match-fixing which left his people across the country in shock.
2) CSK - KKR promo video leak
The controversy was about a promo video which was shot in which it was shown that CSK and KKR would be playing the final of IPL 2018. The video was leaked before the qualifier match between KKR and Sunrisers Hyderabad which left the fans across the country in shock as they thought that IPL is fixed.
3) Preity was happy when Mumbai lost
3) Preity was happy when Mumbai lost A viral video was trending on the internet in which Preity Zinta was seen celebrating Mumbai Indians failure to reach the IPL 2018 playoffs. Soon Preity Zinta explained the reason with a tweet, ‘Relax! Only if Mumbai was “Knocked Out” Punjab would have had a chance of getting to the playoffs but RR was happier we were Knocked out by CSK cuz they got to go to the playoffs! When you leave it until the end one has to not just see your wins but other team’s losses as well.’
4) Gautam Gambir steps down as Delhi Daredevil captain
Fans across the world were in shock when they got the news that Gautam Gambhir has stepped down as Delhi Daredevil captain. The talented player was in deep stress after the team was losing back to back games, so he decided to step down as a captain. According to media reports, Gautam Gambhir wanted to be in the playing XI but he didn’t get the opportunity to play for the team after he stepped down as a captain.
5) Fight between Preity Zinta and Sehwag
According to media reports, there was a fight between Preity Zinta and Virendra Sehwag in one of the matches between Kings XI Punjab and Rajasthan Royals. Though Preity Zinta denied these rumors, however, after that match the performance of the team was not up to the mark and they were unable to make it to the playoffs.